About Me

My photo
Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines
A fourth year student in De La Salle University - Manila taking BS in Information and Communications Technology Management. Believes in the improvements ICT could bring in the everyday lives of people at work and home. A member of the La Salle Dance Company - Street, the hip-hop dance group of DLSU under the Cultural Arts Office.

E-mail: efren.paperstainer@gmail.com

Monday, January 26, 2009

[LSS#1] One God by Citipointe

I admittedly didn't attend service for 3 weeks in a row and was only able to yesterday (or a while ago) and it's been a good day of worship. This song was performed and I was happily singing along and as usual I felt my eyes tearing up as I sang. The Domino Effect series has ended this month. I wonder what the next series would be.

It's good to be back closer to Him.




One God by Citipointe

Verse 1
My sin, it falls at Your feet
Broken, my soul's set to seek
The One who gave it all

Verse 2
New heart, the stars in the sky
Your hand it opened blind eyes
You gave a father's only son

Pre-chorus
Nothing can compare
To the greatness of our King

Chorus
There is only one God
In this world
There is only one God
I will serve
There is only one God
Only one God above it all

Bridge
Jesus, You're the only name I live for
Jesus, the one true God I adore

1 comment:

Adam Pastor said...

Greetings Efren Rodriguez

Indeed a beautiful song.

Shame about the "Bridge"!

That is, the Bridge contradicts the Scriptures.


Jesus Christ our Lord never ever said that he is the one true God;
rather, he said:
(John 17:1) These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father,
...(John 17:3) And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jesus Christ identified his Father as the only true GOD!

Indeed ...

There is only one God In this world ...
(1 Cor 8:4) ... that there is none other God but one.
(1 Cor 8:6) But to us there is but one God, the Father, ...

There is only one God
I will serve
...
(Matt 4.10, Luke 4.8) ... it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

There is only one God
Only one God above it all
...
(Eph 4:6) One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Therefore who is the one true God that we ought to adore?
(John 4:23-24) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.


Don't misunderstand me.
Adoration and praise indeed belongs to our Lord Jesus Christ
e.g. Rev 5.9-13

However, the one true GOD is the Father.
And Jesus Christ is GOD the father's only (begotten) son;
the Son of the Father.
[2 John 3]

The Father is both the GOD and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
[Rom 15.6, 2 Cor 11.31, Eph 1.3,17; Col 1.3, 1 Pet 1.3]

The Lord Jesus confessed this truth even after the ONE GOD raised him from the dead:

(John 20:17) Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them,
I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

(Rev 3:12) Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Therefore,
Jesus' GOD ... the GOD of Jesus ...
is the one true GOD
who we ought to serve and adore!


Like I said, Efren, shame about the "Bridge"
Nevertheless, it's all about being edified and coming to the knowledge of the truth.

Therefore, to facilitate this,
I recommend this video:
The Human Jesus

Take a couple of hours to watch it; and prayerfully it will aid you in your quest for truth.

Yours In Messiah
Adam Pastor