About Me

My photo
Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines
A fourth year student in De La Salle University - Manila taking BS in Information and Communications Technology Management. Believes in the improvements ICT could bring in the everyday lives of people at work and home. A member of the La Salle Dance Company - Street, the hip-hop dance group of DLSU under the Cultural Arts Office.

E-mail: efren.paperstainer@gmail.com

Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Creator's Arrival

Creator? No not God. It's just my mom. Growing up in Jeddah, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for 12 years before college, I've experienced typical child care from her. But eversince the start of my days in the Philippines to study in De La Salle University - Manila, I and my elder sister have had a distant relationship with my family who still stays there. They visit the Philippines from time to time and vice versa.

She arrived alone in the condo at around 6PM last night. As soon as I heard her voice I went out of my room to give her a 5month-long-wait hug. I did not notice much difference in appearance from her. Neither is her loud (sort of) irritating voice which I've been scolded with during my childhood. Even more irritating is when her voice is synchronized with that of my aunt's. One could really see the traits they've shared in their blood. We had "pasalubong" from her! I received different assortments of sweets. Yey!

Friday, being the start of DLSU's weekend, I invited my mom to catch a movie or just go to the mall that night. So we went to SM Mall of Asia to watch "Hellboy 2: The Golden Army". Amazingly, she didn't fall asleep during the run of the film. She usually does. Well, she did when we watched with my younger brothers last summer.

Oh! to give you guys a trivia about Saudi Arabia. There are NO CINEMAS in Saudi Arabia. With the exception of family-reserved cinema houses. To add to that, they only show kiddie stuff. Yup, they're strict alright!

Anyway... The popcorn was good. I also bought her "Minute Maid" so that she would be able to try it's pulpy goodness. Yummy!

I was planning to line up at the taxi bay area and it was a good thing she stopped me because I didn't know it was possible to take a jeepney ride that would go straight to the La Salle area. "At ako pa ang nakatira sa Pilipinas diba!" We then took a jeepney ride home.

And so I have just shared a son's happy trip with his mom. They are usually taken for granted. But you guys should cherish such moments because you are lucky that your parents are able greet you just as you enter your front door. So c'mon! Give them a hug!

4 comments:

lnxdfr said...

awww efren! i totally agree on the last part of your post. :)

i miss my mom tuloy! :(

Efren said...

Diba? Mushy but true! You could share something far more heart-digging to others than I could, Ellen.

I wish you well, emotionally. Take care!

lnxdfr said...

magssubscribe ako sa blog mo ah. :)

Efren said...

Sure! Hindi ko mahanap ung blospot mo? Meron ka ba?